Assistant Professor, Cognition and Neural Systems
Director, Consciousness-Action-Time Lab
- Time perception
- Volition and actions
- Ekstrom, A.D., & Isham, E.A. (in press). Human spatial navigation: Representations across dimensions and scales. Current Opinion in Behavioral Sciences. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cobeha.2017.06.005
- Isham, E.A., Wulf, K., Mejia, C., & Krisst, L.C. (2017). Deliberation periodduring easy and difficult decisions: Re-examining Libet’s “veto” window in a more ecologically valid framework. Neuroscience of Consciousness. https://doi.org/10.1093/nc/nix002
- Isham, E.A., & Geng, J.J. (2013). Looking time predicts choice but not aestheticvalue. PLoS ONE 8(8): e71698. Doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0071698.
- Isham, E.A., & Geng, J.J. (2011). Rewarding performance feedback altersreported time of action. Consciousness & Cognition, doi:10.1016/j.concog.2011.08.004.
- Isham, E.A., Banks, W.P., Ekstrom, A.D., & Stern, J.A. (2011). Deceived and distorted: Game outcome retrospectively determines the reported time of action. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1037/a0023111
- Banks, W.P., & Isham, E.A. (2011) Do we really know what we are doing? Implications of reported time of decision for theories of volition. In W. Sinnott-Armstrong & L. Nadel (Eds.), Conscious Will and Responsibility. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Banks, W.P., & Isham, E.A. (2009). We infer rather than perceive the moment we decided to act. Psychological Science, 20, 17-21.
- Quiroga, R.Q., Mukamel, R., Isham, E.A., Malach, R., & Fried, I. (2008). Human single- neuron responses at the threshold of conscious recognition. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 105, 3599-3604.
- Ekstrom, A.D., Kahana, M.J., Caplan, J.B., Fields, T.A., Isham, E.A., Newman, E.L.& Fried, I. (2003). Cellular networks underlying human spatial navigation. Nature, 425, 184-188.