Frequently Asked Questions

Undergraduate Programs
Frequently Asked Questions

Declaring the major or minor

  • To declare a Psychology or Psychological Science major or minor, please visit our Declare site HERE
  • Students need a cumulative 2.0 GPA to be eligible to declare a Psychology or Psychological Sciences major or Psychology Minor.
  • New majors and minors are declared every Friday.  You will be notified via your CatMail when the major/minor has been declared.
  • Once you are a declared major, you can make an appointment with a Psychology Advisor in Trellis.

Our major is designed to be primarily a campus based degree program. We have a very small number of online courses (iCourses) available for main campus students during the fall and spring semesters.

These courses have very limited capacity, so we cannot guarantee that you will be able to enroll in an iCourse. If an iCourse is full, you are welcome to add it to your shopping cart and check frequently to see if a spot opens.

We do not guarantee access to iCourses for Main Campus students.  If you need online courses, please consider changing to the fully online Psychology BA program.

We offer the Psychology BA as a fully online program for students who are unable to attend classes in person. The online program and the main campus program do have some important differences, so please check with your advisor, or our Online Advising team to see if this is the right fit for you.  

We offer Psychology courses every summer and winter, and it’s a great way for all Psychology majors, minors, and exploring students to take Psychology courses. Summer and winter have different registration periods. and there are limits to the number of units you can take during each.  Find more information on the Summer-Winter homepage.

Visit this website to calculate your tuition:

Enroll in the class you plan to repeat. Visit this step by step tutorial to guide you through the process. Note – you cannot file for GRO until the first day of the class

You can use the Course Equivalency Guide for any in-state, public institution to check on the articulation of transfer coursework.  This does not necessarily indicate how these courses meet degree requirements.  Please follow up with your advisor for more specific information

Check the Transfer Credit Guide to see if your specific courses have already been approved for specific equivalencies at UArizona. You can use the Course Equivalency or Credit Request webpage to have a specific course evaluated if they are not already listed in the Transfer Credit Guide. If you have a Math class to be evaluated, please visit the Math Transfer Credit website

Take classes in your foundations, general education, minor, or upper-division elective classes. If a PSY course you need is your only option, and the priority registration period has passed, you can reach out via email to the instructor who teaches the class.

Updated 03/15/23