Registration Information & Important Dates
During the priority registration period, we reserve the bulk of our courses for our majors to ensure they can enroll in courses they need to graduate. After priority registration (late November and late April), we will make courses available to Psychology Minors and students in other majors if seats are still available. When searching for a Psychology course look for the Enrollment Requirements to determine if you are eligible to enroll in a class.
Minors and non-majors are encouraged to take PSY summer or winter classes, which are available to all students.
NOTE Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee access to Psychology courses for all non-majors. If there are still seats available after the Priority Registration period has ended, we will release seats. Please check UAccess for availability.
Review PSY and PSYS Checklists to Assist with your Planning
- Starting March 1st the Winter and Spring schedule of classes will be available, and shopping carts will become available for planning your courses
- Starting mid-March, your priority registration date for Fall 2023 will be listed at the top of your UAccess Student Center. Remember that your enrollment date is based on your class standing, which is based on units completed as of the beginning of this semester, not how many years you’ve been a student. Remember that your enrollment appointment will begin on your assigned date, and registration will remain open to you until the first week of the spring semester!
- April 3 - AZ Online and Distance Campus, athletes, Foster Care scholarship, students using the GI Bill, and Junior and Senior Honors Students
- April 6 - First-Year and Sophomore Honors Students and Seniors (90+ units)
- April 10 - Juniors (60-89 units)
- April 13 - Sophomores (30-59 units)
- April 17 - First-Year (0-29 units)
- All students can enroll in Summer courses on April 3
- Take care of any holds that will restrict you from registering! You can find information about your holds on the right side (at the top) of your student center.
- Unit Limit: Students may add a maximum of 19 units for a fall or spring semester course load. Students must request permission from their academic advisor to enroll more than19 units. Summer and winter sessions have different maximum units that are allowed - View Maximum Number of Units Allowed Per Semester
Enrollment Tutorials for more assistance!
If you are having trouble enrolling in a class, please read the error message carefully before asking an advisor. make sure you look at the listed enrollment requirements for each class to understand the requirements to enroll.
- Are you trying to enroll in a course that is restricted only to Honors students?
- Are you a main campus student trying to enroll in a class for online students?
- Do you need a placement for the class? (common for math and science classes)
- Does the class require a certain pre-requisite?
- Are you trying to enroll in a course that is restricted only to certain majors? If so, you may need to wait until open registration to enroll.
- Is the class full?
- Is there a time conflict with a class in which you’re already enrolled?
All Psychological Science majors are required to complete 9 units of Directed Research to fulfill degree requirements. If you are an Honors Student, 6 units will come from your Honors Thesis. It it your responsibility to be proactive and seek out your Directed Research opportunities in a timely manner.
There are a number of ways to look for research opportunities, as listed below:
- Psychology-Advising email listserv emails: Whenever a Psychology research lab is in need of research assistants, we will send an email notification.
- Psychology monthly newsletters: Once a month during the academic year, we send newsletters out (over the psychology-advising listserv). These newsletters can include research opportunity postings. If you ever miss a newsletter, we also archive on our website here: https://psychology.arizona.edu/psycnewsletter.
- Email Faculty Directly: You can search the various types of research we do in our department here: https://psychology.arizona.edu/research-areas After reviewing this and finding faculty whose research you are most interested in participating in, you can contact them directly to inquire if they have any research assistant availability in their lab. Here is where you can find their contact information: https://psychology.arizona.edu/faculty
Once you have secured your position in a research lab, please work with your faculty sponsor to complete the Directed Research Enrollment Form. Email completed and signed form to Psychology-Advising@email.arizona.edu