Associate Professor of Practice
Director of Online Programs, Psychology
- Scholarship of teaching and learning in online contexts in Higher Education.
- Specifically, how pedagogical practices and technologies can be used and incorporated in an online environment in order to enhance student engagement with the instructor, with peers, and with course material.
- Goal to increase student success:
- Better learning, evidenced through improved grades.
- Better retention, evidenced through graduation rates and time to degree.
- Jordan, A. C., & Ellis, B. J. (revise and resubmit status). The pubertal transition: An evolutionary developmental model for explaining sex differences in risky adolescent behavior.
- Barnett, M. A., Cabeza de Baca, T., Jordan, A. C., Tilley, E., & Ellis, B. M. (2015) Associations among child perceptions of parenting support, maternal parenting efficacy, and maternal depressive symptoms. Child and Youth Care Forum. Advanced online publication. doi: 10.1007/s10566-014-9267-9
- Ellis, B. J., Jordan, A. C., Grotuss, J., Csinady, A., Keenan, T., & Bjorklund, D. F. (2014). The predator-avoidance effect: An evolved constraint on emerging theory of mind. Evolution and Human Behavior. 35, 245-256.
- Bjorklund, D. F., & Jordan, A. C. (2012). Human parenting from an evolutionary perspective. In B. Wilcox & K. Kline (Eds.), Gender and Parenthood: Natural and Social Science Perspectives. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Jordan, A. C., Schlomer, G. L. & Ellis, B. J. (2012) Evolutionary developmental psychology. In V. S. Ramachandran (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, (2nd ed).
- PSY 101 - Introduction to Psychology (2023)
- PSY 230 - Psychological Measurement and Statistics (2024)
- PSY 290 - Research Methods (2018)
- PSY 389 - Advanced Methods in Psychological Research (2024)
- PSY 424 - Gerontology: A Multidisciplinary Perspective (2021)
*Year listed indicates when this individual last taught the specified course.