Important Questions to Ask Yourself:
From Human Resources:
Review your current benefits (University Benefits tile in UAccess) alongside your benefits options (Benefits page). Ask yourself:
- Is your chosen medical plan right for your current situation? What about your future situation?
- What changes in family, medical needs and life milestones might affect your other benefits choices (e.g., short-term disability, life insurance)?
- Does your current health insurance carrier include your preferred providers as in-network?
- Have you explored flexible spending accounts? Do you know how much an FSA could lower your taxable income?
- If you have a domestic partner, have you considered the University's Alternative Health Plan options?
Retirement Procedure, Systems, and Benefits:
The link below will provide a PowerPoint from Human Resources, detailing some of the following information:
- Submitting your notice of retirement
- ASRS & ADOA Contact Information
- Health Insurances for ADOA & ASRS retirees
- Life Insurance
- Retiree Accumulated Sick Leave (RASL)
- Return to Work
- Pima Council on Aging (PCOA), Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), & other programs or resources
View the full Retirement Benefits slide deck (automatic download)
Arizona State Retirement Systems (ASRS) Resources:
For more detailed information on ASRS benefits and policies specifically, you can consult the full guide (PDF) from Human Resources.
QTR Key Points:
You must have been in an active full benefits-eligible position on the first day of the semester classes.
You must submit a new application for each semester/session.
Applying for QTR does not mean that you must enroll in a class.
Deadlines apply to all semester classes, including those that begin later in the semester (ex: 7-week 2 courses).
*QTR applications are audited at random each year. If you or your dependent are found to be ineligible, the QTR benefit will be revoked, and you or your dependent will owe full tuition.
To Apply for QTR:
Please complete the online application in UAccess Employee. After logging in:
- Select "UA Employee Main Homepage" from the dropdown menu at the top left of the page
- Select the "University Benefits" tile.
- Select "Qualified Tuition Reduction" from the menu on the left.
Choose "QTR Application Form."
- Dependents include your spouse, domestic partner and eligible dependent children.
- Dependent children receiving QTR must be claimed on a parent's federal tax return for the calendar year in which QTR is applied.
- Important: Children ages 24-30 cannot be claimed as tax dependents if they earn more than $4,400** during the calendar year.
Contact Human Resources:
*The content provided here is sourced from a previous HR email.
Dental and Life Insurance information coming soon!