PEER REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
1. Luongo, A., Lukowski, A., Protho, T., Van-Vorce, H., Pisani, L., & Edgin., J.O. (in press). Sleep's role in memory consolidation: What can we learn from atypical development? Advances in Child Development and Behavior, 60.
2. Sakhon, S., Edwards, K., Luongo, A., Murphy, M., & Edgin, J.O. (Accepted). Small sets of novel words are fully retained after 1-week in Down syndrome: A fast mapping study. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society 24(9), 955-965.
1. Stanly, T. & Luongo, A., (May, 2020) Sleep as a Biomarker for Early Detection of ADHD in Infants with Down Syndrome, A Literature Review and Project Proposal. Poster session presented at the University of Arizona, Honor's College First-Year Poster Competition.
2. Sawal, F. & Luongo, A., (May 2020) Sleep in Children with ADHD in Juvenile Detention Centers, A Literature Review. Poster session presented at the University of Arizona, Honor's College First-Year Poster Competition.
3. Luongo, A., Spano, G., Clark, C., Edgin, J.O. (April, 2020) Context Effects in Autism Spectrum Disorder: Assessing Contextual Binding & ADOS Severity. Poster session presented at the Society for Research in Child Development Biennial Meeting, San Diego, CA.
4. Luongo, A., Edgin, J.O., Sakon, S., & Hughes, K. and the Memory Measures for ID Consortium (May, 2018) How Sleep Influences 2-Week Temporal Recall Across Developmental Disorders. Poster session presented at the College of Science Capstone Showcase, Tucson, AZ.
5. Hughes, K., Sakhon, S., Luongo, A., Reichsfeld, A., Sampsel, M., & Edgin, J.O., (2019). Differences In Memory Function across Age In Down Syndrome. Symposium at the Gatlinburg Conference, San Antonio, Tx.
6. Sakhon, S., Liu, Y., Nyhuis, C., Luongo, A., Edgin J.O., (April, 2017) Mechanisms of Word-Learning in Typical and Atypical Development. Poster session presented at the Society for Research in Child Development Biennial Meeting, Austin, TX.
7. Nyhuis, C., Sakhon, S., Luongo, A., Edwards, K., Pisani, L., Edgin, J.O., (March, 2017). A Novel Computerized Assessment for Examining Memory in Children with Intellectual Disabilities. Poster session presented at the Gatlinburg Conference, San Antonio, TX.
2019-Present Clinical Student Therapist, Behavior Health Clinic, The University of Arizona
2019-Present Clinical Student Therapist, Casa De La Vida Rehabilitation Center, Tucson AZ
2019-Present Building Resilience and Emotional Awareness through Knowledge (BREAK) Facilitator Trainee
2018-Present Respite Care Provider, United States Air Force Services, Combat Support & Community Service – Air Force Family Child Care Expanded Child Care Programs
2016-2017 Registered Behavior Technician, Butterfly Effects, Tucson, AZ
2015-2017 Behavior Health Paraprofessional, LifeStep Internship Program, The University of Arizona