I am currently a clinical psychology graduate student at the University of Arizona. I am part of the Insomnia and Sleep Health Laboratory under the mentorship of Dr. Daniel Taylor. I graduated with my master’s in experimental psychology with a focus in behavioral health in August 2018 from Oakland University (advisor: Dr. Scott Pickett). After graduation, I taught several undergraduate courses at OU and worked as a research coordinator for Dr. Pickett in the College of Medicine at Florida State University.
Currently, my research focuses on sleep patterns in shiftworkers and the impact of shift work on mental and physical health. I have additional experience and interest in efficacy and mechanisms of change in insomnia interventions.
- Shift work
- Healthcare workers
- Circadian factors
- Mechanisms of CBTi
- Nagy, S. M., Pickett, S. M., & Hunsanger, J. A. (2020). The relationship between mindfulness, PTSD-related sleep disturbance, and sleep quality: Contributions beyond emotion regulation difficulties. Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy.
- Nagy, S. M., Butame, S. A., Todd, L., Sheffler, J. L., Budhwani, H., Fernandez, M. I., ... & Naar, S. (2021). Barriers and facilitators to implementing a motivational interviewing-based intervention: a multi-site study of organizations caring for youth living with HIV. AIDS care, 1-6.
- Ray, Travis N., Jillian A. Hunsanger, Samantha M. Nagy, and Scott M. Pickett. "Potentially morally injurious events and depression symptoms among a trauma‐exposed sample: Examining the roles of interpersonal needs and emotion dysregulation." Stress and Health 37, no. 1 (2021): 151-161.
- Nagy, S.M. & Pickett, S.M. (2019). Anger as avoidance: The role of negative posttraumatic cognitions and association with posttraumatic outcomes. Symposium presented at the 7th International Conference on Emotions, Wellbeing, and Health, Tilburg, the Netherlands.
- Kirwan, M., Lanni, D. J., Nagy, S., & Pickett, S. M. (2021). Building a model to predict sexual assault victimization frequency among undergraduate women. Violence against women, 10778012211022777.
- Warnke, A. S., Nagy, S. M., Pickett, S. M., Jarrett, N. L., & Hunsanger, J. A. (2018). The examination of behavior inhibition system sensitivity, experiential avoidance, and sex in relation to post-traumatic stress symptom severity: Comparison of a moderated versus mediated model. Personality and Individual Differences, 132, 60-65.
- B.A. Psychology, Oakland University (2016)
- M.S. Psychology, Oakland University (2018)