I am a Graduate Student pursuing my Ph.D. in the Social Psychology program (minor Neuropsychology). Prior to starting the program at U of A, I was an entrepreneur owning and operating two successful businesses in Northeast Florida. After returning to my home state of North Carolina, I received my M.S. in Gerontology studying person-centered care methods and intergenerational communication. Post-graduation, I co-created a digital memory platform, utilizing a "virtual mind" for use in reminiscence therapy and person centered care.
I am a graduate of the University of North Carolina-Greensboro where I received my B.A. in Communications and my M.S. in Gerontology. Recently, I received my M.A. in Psychology from the University of Arizona (May 2021). Aside from being an entrepreneur, I am a mother to four children and am passionate about healthy aging and energizing multi-generational relationships.
- Aging and Wisdom
- Development of wisdom from post-traumatic growth
- Characteristics of wisdom over the life course
- Intergenerational transmission of wisdom
- Can wise behaviors and intergenerational interactions alleviate ageism and heal intergenerational conflict, as well as be a conduit for healthy aging and well-being?
- International Wisdom Summit 2021 (presenter)
- Gerontological Society of America 2021 (poster session)
Community Presentations on Wisdom and Aging:
- United Cerebral Palsy of Southern AZ, May 13, 2022
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI), Oct. 5, 2022
- TMC for Seniors, Tucson AZ, Oct. 19, 2022
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI): Mini-course on Wisdom and Aging (four sessions), Feb. 2023
- PSY 342 - Dementia and Chronic Conditions in Older Adults (2023)
*Year listed indicates when this individual last taught the specified course.
- B.A. Communications, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- M.S. Gerontology, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- M.A. Psychology, University of Arizona (2021)