Please note, Dr. Nadel is an Emeritus Professor and not running a research lab
- Functions of the hippocampus in memory and spatial cognition.
- Including the study of stress and memory, sleep and memory, memory reconsolidation, and the mental retardation observed in Down syndrome.
Studying episodic memory reactivation and malleability
- O’Keefe, J. and Nadel, L. The hippocampus as a cognitive map. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1978.
- Nadel, L. and Moscovitch, M. Consolidation, retrograde amnesia and the hippocampal formation. Current Opinion in Neurobiology, 7: 217-227, 1997.
- Pennington, B.F., Moon, J., Edgin, J., Stedron, J. and Nadel, L. The neuropsychology of Down syndrome: Evidence for hippocampal dysfunction. Child Development, 74: 75-93, 2003.
- Nadel, L. & Peterson, M.A. The Hippocampus: Part of an Interactive Posterior Representational System Spanning Perception and Memory Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 142, 1242-1254, 2013.
- Lane, R.D., Ryan, L., Nadel, L. and Greenberg, L. Memory Reconsolidation, Emotional Arousal and the Process of Change in Psychotherapy: New Insights from Brain Science (Behavioral and Brain Sciences, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S0140525X14000041)
- PSY 500A - Current Issues in Psychological Theory & Research (2021)
- PSY 506B - Foundations of Cognitive Psychology (2016)
*Year listed indicates when this individual last taught the specified course.