I earned my Ph.D. in 2016 from the University of Arizona in Psychology. I obtained my MA in Clinical Psychology in 2011 at the University of Missouri, St. Louis. I completed my BA at SUNY Albany in 2009 majoring in Psychology and US History.
I currently teach a wide range of courses to undergraduates here at UArizona. My large introductory course introduces new students to the field of psychology. I also teach courses on research design and statistical analysis. I teach two upper-level courses, one on the role of the brain in our psychological functioning and the other on the history of psychology as a discipline.
While my current work is more teaching focused, my research interests center around evolution and human behavior.
- Evolution and human behavior
- The cognitive, behavioral, and emotional strengths associated with growing up in harsh and unpredictable environments
- Ellis, B. J., Bianchi, J., Griskevicius, V., & Frankenhuis, W. E. (2017). Beyond risk and protective factors: An adaptation-based approach to resilience. Perspectives on Psychological Science, 12(4), 561-587.
- Frankenhuis, W. E., de Vries, S. A., Bianchi, J., & Ellis, B. J. (2020). Hidden talents in harsh conditions? A preregistered study of memory and reasoning about social dominance. Developmental science, 23(4), e12835.
- Wenner, C. J., Bianchi, J., Figueredo, A. J., Rushton, J. P., & Jacobs, W. J. (2013). Life history theory and social deviance: The mediating role of executive function. Intelligence, 41(2), 102-113.
- Bianchi, J., & Strang, E. (2013). Is evolutionary psychology really value-free? A reconsideration. Journal of Social, Evolutionary, and Cultural Psychology, 7(4), 304.
- PSY 150A1 - The Structure of Mind & Behavior (2023)
- PSY 197A - Learning to Learn (2023)
- PSY 230 - Psychological Measurement & Statistics (2017)
- PSY 290A - Research Methods (2023)
- PSY 300 - Cognitive Neuroscience: Guide to Mind & Brain (2024)
- PSY 389 - Advanced Methods in Psychological Research (2024)
- PSY 489 - History & Systems of Psychology (2024)
*Year listed indicates when this individual last taught the specified course.
- B.A. Psychology & U.S. History, SUNY Albany (2009)
- M.A. Clinical Psychology, University of Missouri: St. Louis (2011)
- Ph.D. Psychology, University of Arizona (2016)