Graduate Student, Clinical Psychology
Faculty Advisor: John Allen
- Benjamin, J. & Allen, J. (2019, September). Concordance of frontal EEG alpha asymmetry between reference montages. Poster accepted for presentation at the 59th Annual Meeting of the Society for Psychophysiological Research in Washington, D.C.
- Benjamin, J. & Allen, J. (2018, October). Does frontal alpha asymmetry characterize a particular subtype of depression? Poster accepted for presentation at the 58th Annual Meeting of the Society for Psychophysiological Research in Quebec City, Quebec, Canada.
- Stevens, L. & Benjamin, J. (2018, June). The brain that longs to help others: The current neuroscience of compassion. In L.C. Stevens & C. Woodruff (Eds.), Exploring the Neuroscience of Empathy, Compassion, and Self-Compassion. Academic Press.
- Reznik, S., Medrano, M., Benjamin, J., & Allen, J. (2017, September). When resting means ruminating: the potential moderating role of trait worry on the relationship between frontal asymmetry and resting versus ruminating states. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Research in Psychopathology, Denver, CO.
- Medrano, M., Reznik, S., Benjamin, J., & Allen, J. (2017, September). Trait and state anxiety influences on neural response monitoring networks during personally-relevant tasks: Preliminary findings. Poster session presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Research in Psychopathology, Denver, CO.
- Benjamin, J., Stevens, L., Berman, A., Bell, K., and Tebbe, D. (2012, August). A Compassionate Mind: Neurological Carryover Effects of Long-term Meditation. Symposium presentation at the annual American Psychological Association Convention; Hojooba’Bee la’ Hooniil Research Into the Social Psychophysiology of Compassion Symposium, Orlando, FL..
- Andelin, A.K., Bilyk, N., Shelton, S., Bragg, A., Cuellar, L., Cisneros, E., Benjamin, J., Woodruff, C.C. (2011, March). Dissociation of central and occipital 8-13 Hz EEG desynchronization. Poster session presented at the Opportunities and Challenges in Social Neuroscience conference, Utrecht, Netherlands.
- PSY 300 - Cognitive Neuroscience: A Guide to Mind and Brain (2022)
- PSY 381 - Abnormal Psychology (2019)
- B.S. Psychology, Northern Arizona University
- M.A. Psychology, Univeristy of Arizona