My work in the SEMA Lab investigates how transcranial focused ultrasound can be used to modify experiential factors like the sense of self and mindfulness, and how this correlates with brain activity as measured by fMRI and EEG.
- Science of consciousness, and his
- Research Approach - to work at the intersection of psychophysiology and experience.
- Lord, B., Sanguinetti, J., Ruiz, L., Miskovic, V., Segre, J., Allen, J.J. (2022) Modulating Default Mode Network Functional Connectivity with Transcranial Focused Ultrasound. Focused Ultrasound Neuromodulation (FUN22) Conference, Mainz, Germany.
- Lord, B, & Allen, J.J. (2023). Evaluating EEG Complexity Metrics as Biomarkers for Depression. Psychophysiology, in pub.
- B.S., Oglethorpe University
- M.A., University of West Georgia
- M.A., University of Arizona