Are you in a romantic relationship? Would you and your partner like to each earn up to $200 and a picture of your brain by participating in research? Researchers from the Neuroscience of Emotion and Thought Lab and the Lab for Social Connectedness and Health are recruiting couples to participate in a multi-session study examining first impressions and interactions between relationship partners.
- A virtual interview (completed individually)
- Two in-person lab visits attended by both partners, each lasting ~3 hours
- MRI brain scan at second visit
- Text surveys (completed individually) at home throughout one week
- Six-month follow-up online questionnaires (completed individually)
To participate in this study, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Between 18 and 55 years old
- In a monogamous relationship for at least 18 months
- Living together at least 6 months
- Able to complete in-person study sessions with their partner
Participants will receive up to $200 for completing the study and a digital picture of their brain.
Interested? Contact us:
To complete our online screening form, please click the following link:
To learn more about the study, please email us at:
NOTE: This study will end its participant search in 2024.
An Institutional Review Board responsible for human subjects research at The University of Arizona reviewed this research project and found it to be acceptable, according to applicable state and federal regulations and University policies designed to protect the rights and welfare of participants in research.