Grant Proposal Feedback Form (Use this form to request feedback on your grant proposal)
Grant Writing Resources
- Pivot: Funding opportunity search engine. You can log in and receive periodic emails with list of new grants.
- Advice and Tips for writing different types of proposals and for searching funding databases (from the Office for Research and Discovery).
- Grant writing seminar and workshops at UA.
- UA Experts: Helps you find UA individuals with specific expertise for collaborations (from the Office for Research and Discovery).
- Faculty Seed Grants
- UA Library Open Access Publishing Fund
Grant Writing Workshops
- NSF Grants Conference: You can sign up for automated notices, and see slides/materials from previous conferences.
- Seminars and Webminars sponsored by NIH.
- Requesting a presenter from NIH's Office of Extramural Research.
Private (listed here if there was positive feedback from a faculty who attended)
- Grant Training Center.
- Grant Writer's Seminars & Workshops, LLC.
- Principal Investigators Association.
Grant Search Databases
- Grants.gov. You can log in and receive periodic emails with list of new grants.
- Grants from the American Psychological Foundation.
Department of Defense
- DARPA Young Faculty Award.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation - Primarily for Assistant or Associate (not tenured) faculty. UA nominates 3 per Department.
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant (new investigators). Through the UA Cancer Center.
- American Psychological Foundation - David Wechsler Early Career Grant for Innovative Work in Cognition.
- Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium - Grants in the fields of Alzheimer’s disease, related disorders or aging.
- Beckman Foundation - Young Investigator Program.
- Brain Research Foundation - Fay/Frank seed grant (early career) and Scientific Innovation awards.
- Cogito Foundation - Encourage dialog between science and engineering and Humanities and social sciences.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute - Faculty Scholars Program.
- Human Frontier Science Program - Young Investigator and Program Grants.
- Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards - For early career scientists in the Neurosciences.
- MacArthur Foundation. (UA and UAF internal selection. Contact Bernadette Olson)
- McKnight Foundation (Scholar award: can apply twice, must be before 4th year of faculty appointment).
- McDonnell Foundation and the 2016 complex system scholar award.
- Moore Foundation - Inventor fellows.
- National Center for Responsible Gaming - Project grants.
- MQ charity (mental illness) - can only apply once.
- Packard Foundation (Early career 2016 awards program).
- Pew Charitable Trust - Biomedical Scholars Program.
- Russell Sage Foundation - Social Scientific Research.
- Searle Scholars Program (early career).
- Simons Foundation.
- Vilcek Foundation - Early career, for foreign-born biomedical scientists.
- Whitehall Foundation - Specific program ('Grant-in-Aid') for Assistant Professors.
- William T. Grant Foundation
For Postdocs and Graduate Students
- Graduate and Professional Student Council - Research and Travel Awards
- Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowships
- P.E.O. : Philanthropic Educational Organization - Scholar Awards for Women
- The Postdoc Place
RDI is hosting several seminars, workshops, and events throughout the Fall semester. In particular an NSF Career Grant Preparation Program and an NIH R Award Grant Preparation Program that may be of interest.
NSF Career Grant Preparation Program
The National Science Foundation (NSF) offers the Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Program annually. The Program is a NSF-wide activity that offers prestigious awards in support of junior faculty who exemplify the role of teacher-scholars. UA’s Research Development Services offers a guided program to potential applicants and interested parties that provides an overview of the NSF CAREER Program as well as proposal development assistance to those that choose to submit a full CAREER proposal. Learn more about the NSF CAREER Grant Preparation Program
- Workshops –open to all
- Nov. 1: Recipients Panel
- Dec. 6: Broader Impacts vs. Education Plan
- Spring: Writing Groups –coaching on PO engagement & DC
- Pre Submission Review –including Department Head engagement
NIH R Award Grant Preparation Program
The NIH Research Grants (R series) comprise the largest category of funding by many of the NIH Institutes and Centers (ICs). UA's Research Development Services offers a guided program to potential applicants and interested parties that provides an overview of the NIH R series. Learn more about the NIH R Award Grant Preparation Program
- Workshops –open to all
- Sept. 13: Introduction to R Series
- Oct. 11: Resubmissions and Rigor & Reproducibility
- Writing Groups –Early Career Faculty (coaching on PO engagement & DC)
- Pilot Program Fall 2017, Expanded Spring 2018
- NIH R Series
For more information on all of their events please visit http://rgw.arizona.edu/events or http://rgw.arizona.edu/development/seminars-and-workshops