Grant Writing Resources
- Pivot: Funding opportunity search engine. You can log in and receive periodic emails with list of new grants.
- Advice and Tips for writing different types of proposals and for searching funding databases (from the Office for Research and Discovery).
- Grant writing seminar and workshops at UA.
- UA Experts: Helps you find UA individuals with specific expertise for collaborations (from the Office for Research and Discovery).
- Faculty Seed Grants
Grant Writing Workshops
- NSF Grants Conference: You can sign up for automated notices, and see slides/materials from previous conferences.
- Seminars and Webminars sponsored by NIH.
- Requesting a presenter from NIH's Office of Extramural Research.
Private (listed here if there was positive feedback from a faculty who attended)
- Grant Training Center.
- Grant Writer's Seminars & Workshops, LLC.
- Principal Investigators Association.
Grant Search Databases
- Grants.gov. You can log in and receive periodic emails with list of new grants.
- Grants from the American Psychological Foundation.
Department of Defense
- DARPA Young Faculty Award.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation - Primarily for Assistant or Associate (not tenured) faculty. UA nominates 3 per Department.
- American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant (new investigators). Through the UA Cancer Center.
- American Psychological Foundation - David Wechsler Early Career Grant for Innovative Work in Cognition.
- Arizona Alzheimer's Consortium - Grants in the fields of Alzheimer’s disease, related disorders or aging.
- Beckman Foundation - Young Investigator Program.
- Brain Research Foundation - Fay/Frank seed grant (early career) and Scientific Innovation awards.
- Cogito Foundation - Encourage dialog between science and engineering and Humanities and social sciences.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute - Faculty Scholars Program.
- Human Frontier Science Program - Young Investigator and Program Grants.
- Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards - For early career scientists in the Neurosciences.
- MacArthur Foundation. (UA and UAF internal selection. Contact Bernadette Olson)
- McKnight Foundation (Scholar award: can apply twice, must be before 4th year of faculty appointment).
- McDonnell Foundation and the 2016 complex system scholar award.
- Moore Foundation - Inventor fellows.
- National Center for Responsible Gaming - Project grants.
- MQ charity (mental illness) - can only apply once.
- Packard Foundation (Early career 2016 awards program).
- Pew Charitable Trust - Biomedical Scholars Program.
- Russell Sage Foundation - Social Scientific Research.
- Searle Scholars Program (early career).
- Simons Foundation.
- Vilcek Foundation - Early career, for foreign-born biomedical scientists.
- Whitehall Foundation - Specific program ('Grant-in-Aid') for Assistant Professors.
- William T. Grant Foundation.