This study aims to examine human memory and navigation behavior.
The study will take 2-3 hours. You will wear a VR headset and walk in an immersive virtual environment. The researcher will explain more about the tasks when you come to the lab.
To participate in this study, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Cannot have participated in the previous “hallway” study in Human Spatial Cognition Lab. (If you are not sure of previous participation, please email the researcher Yu Karen Du to ask.)
- Age: 18-35 yr
- Must currently not be sick/injured. This includes having no COVID-19-related symptoms.
- Must have normal vision or corrected-to-normal vision.
- *NOTE: If you have corrected-to-normal vision, wear contact lenses for the experiment. Do NOT wear glasses, because some glasses frames might not fit the VR headset.*
- No piercings or jewelry in the facial area where the VR headset might cover.
- No neurological or psychiatric history.
- No history of motion sickness or fainting.
You will be granted $15/hour for your participation.
If interested, please contact us at Human Spatial Cognition Lab and specify the "Navigation in Virtual Reality" in the Subject line:
Yu Karen Du: firstname.lastname@example.org