If you are interested in attending The University of Arizona as a Psychology major, you must submit application materials, including official transcripts from your previous schools, to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Requirements for admission can be found at their website. You can apply online or request for application materials to be sent to you. When filling out the application for admission, indicate that you would like to be a Psychology major. By filling out this application, you are applying for admission to The University of Arizona, the Honors College, and scholarships. In order to be considered for the Honors College and scholarships, SAT or ACT scores must be submitted with the application. Please see the Office of Undergraduate Admissions website for more information or contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office directly at (520) 621-3237.
ONCE YOU ARE ADMITTED:
You must complete the following steps:
- Visit your Next Steps Center and complete all required parts. You will also need to complete the Transfer Student Academic Preview in order to be fully matriculated.
- Complete the online information session for Psychology (you must do this in order to schedule an appointment with an advisor). Please go to the following website: http://psychology.arizona.edu/node/659. Once you have completed this online information session and submitted the appropriate online form you can schedule an appointment with an advisor in Psychology.
- Schedule an appointment by going to WiseAdvising.
- Meet with your advisor who will assist with class registration and will evaluate your transfer credits.
Please come to your appointment prepared by bringing:
- Recent copies of your unofficial transcripts from all community colleges and/or universities that you have attended. You can expect to meet with your academic advisor for a 60-minute appointment to discuss the transfer Process and what courses you should enroll in for the upcoming semester. Your major advisor will be able to evaluate many of your transfer courses but you may also need to speak with advisors in other departments.
YOU MUST COMPLETE AN INFORMATION SESSION AND MEET WITH AN ADVISOR BEFORE YOU CAN BE RELEASED TO REGISTER!
If you need financial assistance, you can apply for financial aid by filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. All information regarding this application and financial aid can be found at the Office of Student Financial Aid website.
PSYCHOLOGY HONORS PROGRAM:
Students who are accepted into the Honors College have the opportunity to graduate with honors. Please visit the Psychology Honors Program webpage and the Honors College website for more information.
ARIZONA GENERAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM (AGEC):
If you are currently attending an in-state community college, we recommend completing the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC) to fulfill your general education requirements. The AGEC allows you to take fewer classes to fulfill your general education requirements and also allows you to reuse some classes towards major or minor requirements. However, you do not need to have your AGEC completed in order to transfer to The U of A. Speak to your community college advisor about the AGEC requirements and certification process.
HANDS ON EXPERIENCE IN PSYCHOLOGY:
The Psychology Department offers a variety of ways for students to become involved with faculty research in different aspects of psychology. You can work in faculty members' research labs and earn independent study credit which can be used toward your Psychology major. You can also seek internship or practicum credit by working with an agency in the community. Please see the Engagement web page for more information.
Curriculum requirements vary for all Psychology majors; they are dependent upon each student's requirement term and whether they are pursuing a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science. Your requirement term is the year that you were admitted to the UA.
Psychology curriculum for 2012-2013 and later:
You can find information about the curriculum requirements for all majors by looking at the Academic Program Requirement Reports (APRR) on the general UA catalog web page.