Have you recently separated from your significant other? Are you experiencing emotional distress because of your separation? If so, you are invited to participate in a research study of a novel psychotherapy for adults recently separated from their partners. The purpose is to assess the feasibility and acceptability of this newly developed therapy.
The total time commitment for this study is estimated to be eight (8) hours. The therapy program will involve six 1-hour therapy sessions over three (3) months, as well as:
- Completion of various surveys
- Stream-of-consciousness recordings of your separation experience
- Exit interview
To participate in this study, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Born in the United States, currently living in Arizona.
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Able to participate in-person in Tucson, or online via Zoom.
- Recently separated from their ex-partner (up to 12 months ago).
If you are interested in participating, please complete the online screening survey at
For more information, email: