Our faculty are often invited to give talks and presentations in the community. Contact our Development Coordinator, Dale Schoonover firstname.lastname@example.org if your organization or event is interested hearing more about their work.
Faculty research areas and talk topics:
John Allen, PhD
Psychophysiology and Mood Disorders (i.e Anxiety & Depression)
- No Lie! Caveats and Cautions in the use of Polygraphy
- Family Mediation with Parents Reporting High Levels of Intimate Partner Violence
- High conflict divorces and domestic violence: Interventions aimed at preventing/limiting the harmful effects.
- Partnering with Juvenile Court: Identifying Predictive Factors in Reactivated Child Dependency Cases.
- Living a Valued Life.
- Psychological Flexibility
- Doing What Matters in Stressful Environments.
- Is sleep the beloved teacher?: Sleep in children with developmental disorders
- We may sleep to speak: Sleep disturbance in children with Down syndrome
- Sleep disturbance in autism spectrum disorder
- Why Babies are Smarter than You Are
- The Making of a Mind
- Language and the Mind
- Sleep on it! How sleep supports language learning, memory & brain development in infants and young children.
- Memory: How does it change with age, why, and what can be done about it?
- "I didn't marry YOU because we fight well”
- If it IS broke why not fix it? A new treatment for domestic violence
- Our Health, Our Thoughts and Our Feelings: How Can We Best Adapt Resiliently During Grief?
- Continuing education on Complicated Grief: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Good for the Heart, Good for the Brain
- Neuroimaging studies of successful aging
John Ruiz, PhD
Latino Health, Health disparities
- From Voodoo Death to Vigilance: The evolution of research on stress and heart disease
- Does Whom You Marry Matter for Your Health?
Jeff Stone, PhD
Implicit Bias in Health Care, Business, Education
- Addressing Implicit Bias in Patient Care
- Implicit bias in the academy: Causes, consequences, and solutions
- The role of unconscious thought in everyday behavior
Daniel Sullivan, PhD
Psychology and film, or religion and the experience of hardship/suffering
- The psychology of culture and suffering
- Politics, psychology, and morality
- The psychology of Herzog’s Grizzly Man